Saturday, January 16, 2016

St. Lukes Medical Examination Experience (K1/K2) Fiancé(e) Visa


My Fiancee Visa Road-map to become Mrs. Edmiston 

Medical Examination Experience at St. Lukes Medical Center 
(Specific for Philippines K1 / K2 visa applicants)


Hi! We had our Medical done on Dec. 21-22, 2015 (K1 and 2 K2s). 

It was a long 2 days for us. I was thinking that due to the Holidays people will forego doing the medical and I was wrong. We spent 2 full days starting at 8:30 am to 7pm doing the process and OMG the wait is at least 2 hours for each step. My kids are all grown up so I don't have any problems on them having tantrums. 

I already did the on-line registration so when we arrived at 8:30 am it was just the normal docs checking in the guard area then proceed directly to the US counter for the initial screening, finger printing and photo capture. The staff only asked us to review the details on our forms and sign it. Then we were given a routing slip and was asked to proceed to 5F to pay. Payment is P11,300.00 per person including kids ages 16 and above. The OR was attached on the routing slip, this will be presented with your passport in all the procedures. 

Here are the documents that we brought: 
  1. St. Luke's on-line registration form
  2. Passport 
  3. Copy of Passport (Bio page) 
  4. 4 pcs. 2x2 photos, white background, shirt with collar, identical. 
  5. Letter from the Embassy with Case Number, if you have not received it yet. Track your case at CEAC using your MNL number, screen shot and print that. 
  6. Interview confirmation letter (A MUST) 
  7. My Annulment papers/ Divorce papers of applicant
  8. Old chest X-ray film 
  9. Results of our Annual Physical Exam (dated April 2015) 
  10. Vaccine Records, me and the kids (including baby book). 

    To know more details of each items, please click here

The procedures are based on the order that we did the medical examination. Always present your passport and OR on each step. 

1. Blood draw - 4F. Submit the form at the reception counter, they will give another form to fill-out and wait for your name to be called. This is the fastest on our waiting times (30 mins- done), just one vial of blood. NO URINE collection for K1 nd K2. 

2. XRAY, 3F - we were then asked to proceed to 3F for the xray. Proceed to US Counter, submit passport and OR. They will give you another form, this is where we declared that we brought old Xray films (we have our Annual Physical exam last April 2015 and I brought all our medical records for reference). Wait for your name to be called, another staff assessed our forms and asked for the xray film. Then we were directed to Room 4 for Xray. Wait time here is 45 mins. to 1 hour. 

Before 11 am we were done with both procedure, a good timing I thought. I am still thinking to go to the office after lunch. 

3. 5F - Physical Examination. Proceed to US counter / Vital Signs and put your form face down on the US box. Then wait, wait and wait... and more waiting. I already sent my kids to eat lunch around 12:30 pm; we were waiting for almost 3 hours and I became impatient; I am hungry.  So I approach the counter.  A lot of people are already complaining of the veryyyy long wait. So our papers are like next to 20 more people; so I told the staff on the vital signs I will go out and eat. After an additional 1 hours, we were called for vitals signs. It was past 4 pm when we were done with vital signs including eye check.  I asked the Nurse staff until what time they are open, he told me that they need to finish all the tests of all people in the Clinic! Even if that will take them until past midnight! 

4.  5F - Physical Exam with a Doctor - wait again for your name to be called. We were called by around 6pm! I am assigned to Room 9 and next is my 16 year old daughter. I timed each applicant, they only spend 5-10 mins inside.:) My 19 year old cannot proceed further since she have her period. 

Basic questions were Name, birthday, any allergies, any animal bite,  drug abuse, alcohol abuse, any regular medication, any severe illness like tuberculosis, or primary complex for kids, other history of illness/ hospitalization, date of last menstruation, hypertension, etc. for those of child bearing age - last sexual contact, number of pregnancies, any miscarriage, etc. They are asking so many questions really.. Then she asked me about me about my annulment case, what is the reason, if I was abused and asked me for a copy of my annulment papers. 

The doctor then asked me to remove all clothing (including underwear) and you will be asked to lay on the bed face up. She will check heart rate, breast, abdomen, arms and wrist. Then the Doctor will ask you to turn on your side and she will tell you that she will check for hemorrhoids or ####### check. This is just a quick physical check, the questions take longer. 

Never though of it at first but they are actually checking scars and any body marks. My daughter was asked due to some burn marks on her leg and forearm. Kids and carelessness I answered the doctor.   

Then the doctor asked me to stay a little longer as she reads my annulment papers. Based on my previous readings here in VJ, all those with annulment case go through a psychological examination- no escape of it. Not only an additional waiting time for the Psychologist schedule and assessment but also an additional fee; 1-2 weeks additional waiting time.  So I am ready for it and was expecting it, that's why I set our interview for Jan 14. 

She asked me again if I was abused, I said no. My annulment was not based on any physical or emotional abuse, nor was I diagnosed with depression or any emotional breakdown. None of this is on my annulment papers.  Then she gave me an OB referral- NOT A PSY EVAL. referral. HA!! what a pleasant surprise! So there you go- NOT ALL WITH ANNULMENT CASE HAVE TO GO THROUGH PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION. Based on my experience, only those who experience physical and emotional abuse were referred to a Psyc eval. 

My 16 year old daughter was asked the same basic questions. She was bitten by a monkey when she was 6 so it was a long conversation on that. Then she was hospitalized twice one for dengue fever, she was asked if she had blood transfusion, which she didn't.  Beyond that, nothing else was asked. 

We returned our forms to the US counter and the Staff gave me an OB referral for the next day in the morning. We were then asked to proceed to the 2F for immunization interview. 

5. 2F  Immunization Interview  - submit forms and original immunization record at the counter then wait until your name is called. I still have my kids baby book of Immunization and presented it. Immunization is based on age, my 16 year old was advised for 3 shots (including Hep B booster, Tdap - tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough), and MMR) most of her earlier immunizations were considered. She has Flu, Typhoid, Pneumo, Hep A/B vaccines - yet she still she needs 3 more.  Me and my 19 year old daughter was only advised for 1 shot, MMR. this was just an immunization interview and consult, actual immunization will be the next day.    

End of Day 1, 7:30pm. 

Day 2: 

We arrived at around 8:30 and it was not that crowded as the day before. I need to see the OB, my 16 year was asked to submit her forms to Window A 1F (releasing counter).  We proceed to 5F and submit my form to the US counter, I was called for room 10 and done by around 9:30 am. Then I was asked to submit my form to Window A 1F releasing. My daughter was called again at 2F immunization interview due to her monkey bite. It was not recorded when it happened so the doctor asked about it again. We waited at the 2F for immunization. After less than an hour my daughter was called for immunization and her documents was released after 2 hours 1F window G. At the releasing window they will ask you to re-check the details of your forms, name, bday, passport number, address in the US, petitioner, etc, The staff nurse also ask my daughter of her relationship to the petitioner, he also explained the immunization record form and CD that was released to us - these are not required during the interview. The sealed brown envelop (results) marked DO NOT OPEN that we will take to the interview. She is done. As for me, back to waiting. That was 1pm, day 2; I asked the staff at the 2F to check my papers and advised him we will be out for lunch. I am still for a long wait. After eating lunch, I proceed to Counter A 1st floor to follow up my paper, he checked on the their system and he said it was done in encoding and will be sent to the 2F after that. 

By 4pm - I am exhausted of waiting and asked again about my papers. The staff advised me that it was not in the 2F yet, so I was like what it took you 2 hours and it was not there yet. There were not so many people, that is excessively long!  He said he will follow up with his supervisor, after 30 mins I was called and the supervisor explained to me the process, since I was advised for OB consult, my Doctor (original Doctor from day 1 needs to sign off my papers), I said Ok but my OB consult was done before 10 am, she said again she will follow. I said politely, Please (twice). I am so glad my fiance was not with me during this process. He will go crazy with the waiting! 

I was finally called for immunization after 1 hour and my documents was released by 6pm. Don't forget to pick-up your xray film (if you submitted any) at the 3F US check-out counter. 
Sure I was very glad to be out of there.  

There you go guys, I hope this can help you. Good luck! 



To know our Interview Experience, click here. 

35 comments:

  1. Very Helpful! Hi k1 visa here! we already got our NOA2 and still waiting for NVC to give our case number but anyway Thank You for this blog! God Bless Your Family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks! That's great! Your fiance can call NVC to get it after 2-3 weeks. Check out my other blogs for the Medical requirements and interview. You can message me anytime if you have any question.

    Good Luck on your process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. is it okay if i schedule my interview 3 weeks after my medical?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine.. you can actually schedule the Interview 1-2 weeks from Medical. If no problems with your xray; medical is done in 2 days.

      Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Hi Mrs. Edmiston, I admire how well you compiled the content. Did you do it all in your own? I just want to share with you Blog visitors this page https://rapidvisa.com/k1-visa-process/ if they are not quite familiar with all the process. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! Yes, I did it on my own, my Blog is DIY and specific to US EMBASSY Manila Processing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello.. Ask lng sana ako about dun sa immunization ang daughter mo.. Sabi mo kc nakagat sya ng monkey.. Pinainject mo ba sya ng anti rabies after makagat? Ano sabi ng doctor nung sinabi nyo nkagat sya ng monkey.. I will have my medical kc soon and I have same situation with your daughter. Nakagat kc ako ng pusa dati kaya nervous tungkol dun.. Sana my response.. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry I saw your post late. I hope everything goes well with your medical.

      Delete
  8. hi ask lng po sana ako if its ok to have the medical even though you have menstrual period? Hoping for your prompt response. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! No, you will not finish the medical if you have your period. They will ask youu to return after 1week. Betternto do it 1week after.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,actually d pa ako nkapagmedical kc still waiting pa ako sa Case Complete. Salamat naman kung d mkakaapekto yung cat bite sa medical ko kc npaparanoid ako sa kakaisip eh.. Hehe
    Thanks pla sa response ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi mam. I've read your blog countless times to be familiar with the process but maybe if you're in the situation already, its just so difficult to follow instructions cos I'm panicking right now. I dont know where to start. But We already got my MNL#. So I'll be collecting all my documents but I have some few questions and I hope you can help me out.

    1. If i schedule for a medical, its okay to just screenshot the MNL# from the CEAC website right?

    2. I dont have my baby book for my vaccination records. What do I do? Help 😶

    3. When willI I schedule for an interview?

    4. Where will I get the interview letter?

    Sorry if i have a lot of questions. But i hope you can help me. Thank you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! sorry I just saw your post now.. How's your process? Let me know if I can help you further.

      Delete
    2. Hi po. I was able to schedule my interview and im done with the slec registration already. Medyo alanganin na po kasi by next week I'll have my period so end of nov ko na sinet yung interview ko to give way sa medical.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, if you have your period they will ask you to return after 7 days.

      I also have a blog on the interview process.

      here: http://theadventureraatheart.blogspot.com/2016/01/our-fiancee-visa-interview-k1-and-k2.html


      Delete
  12. Hello.. Good day! I just done my medical exam sa St. Luke's last Oct.19 and everything went well naman.. Thanks sa blog mo ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also check my blog on my inetrview experience.

      https://theadventureraatheart.blogspot.com/2016/01/our-fiancee-visa-interview-k1-and-k2.html

      Delete
  13. That's great!! very close now.. I am very glad my blog helped you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi i hope i.get a feedback i was referred to an ob too right after my physical exam,same day, do u know any reason why they referred us? is that something i should be worried about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine, I was referred to an OB too. That is based on your interview with the Dr. That will not delay your medical.

      Delete
  15. Hi, thank you for sharing this to us, it was really of big help especially those who will undergo k1 medical exam, me its fast approaching and i could feel my heart beat very fast whenever i think of it ( nervous) i woulld like to ask if the doctor touches every part of your body? or not? And regarding annulment papers, i was also annulled and i have my papers with me, do i have to undergo psychological? Because i was annulled 2013 and the ground is Psychological incapacity, is this could delay my medical ? Thank you in advance i really appreciate your resply :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mylene, you are welcome. It is my pleasure to help.
      The doctor will be female and no she will not touch your whole body. She will touch your abdomen, breast and she will ask you to turn on your side to check for hemorrhoids. She will check your wrist for any scars (suicide scars).
      The doctor will read your annulment papers, that will take a few minutes. She is looking for any physical abuse on the papers. If you have any physical abuse then yes, you will be endorsed for psyc evaluation. Psychological incapacity is the only annulment grounds in the phils. Psyc eval may delay but only for a few days depending on the psychologists schedule. If she is available the next day then you can finish medical in 3-4 days.

      Delete
    2. Thank you i really appreciate, does the doctor press the breast? Im worried because before i have this fibroadenoma, i already did some research before and ask some filipinas regarding physical examinations that they went through, some says the doctor will just only touch the neck, and the rest she will just look without touching it, i hope so..regarding my annulment, about the psychological evaluation yes ithere is physical abuse happen but i hope it will turn out well, i will just bring my psychological evaluation report maybe this could help, i hope and pray that i t wont delay much of it, hoping for the good outcome for the whole medical examination just like you :)

      Delete
    3. Opo, that is so true, yan din ang isa na kinakabahan ko po "chest xray" hays, everyday i always research for any tips on how to clear up lungs ,kasi according to some, ganu ka man kahealthy they could see scars from the lungs, although i dont have any lung problem, gusto ko lng talaga na makasiguro na maging ok result :( nakakakaba po, buti pa po kayo tapos na :) im happy for you po :)

      Delete
    4. if you have any previous xrays bring it, kami we brought our previous xrays. we have kami sa an annual med exam sa company. drink milk and pineapple juice, daily hangang sa medical mo. it will help to have a clear lungs. Iwasan mag paulan at baka makaubo at sipon, take vit c too.

      Yes, they can see scars sa lungs. If they see one, they will recommend sputum test, that can delay up to 3mos. Scars can be from previous pulmonary problems na hindi na detect or di nag pa doctor at gumaling naman. Kailangan lang i rule out.
      Thank you.. you will be alright. After the medical, interview naman, then CFO and then you can fly out.. One at a time and believe me, there are more to process pa hangang AOS and ROC.

      Delete
    5. Thank you so much and this really big help for me po ,i will surely take note all of it, and praying and hoping for the best of everything.Pasensya na po kayo sa abala, sana wag po kayo magsawa kapag sakali po makapagtanung po ulet sa inyo :) God bless po and to your family as well :)

      Delete
    6. You are always welcome. Just message me if you have any question or concerns. Have a great day!

      Delete
  16. she did examine my breasts.

    expect an psych eval consult since your case has a physical abuse. Don't sweat, the worst case that could happen is the an xray findings. That could delay 3-6 mos. Other than that you have nothing to worry on the medical. Oh they are checking urine now for stds too. That's a new one effective Oct 2016 yata.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi. Actually, my 12 yo son is applying for the K2 (derivative) /following to join visa. We've paid his visa and is about to schedule his interview. My question is, is it ok to have his medical at SLEC at least two days before his interview date? I'm asking this because our province is very far from Manila. So I want them to travel to Manila in one shot - Medical and interview. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey,


    My name is Ulysis and I’m getting in touch with you regarding post.

    I love your content but you know what? Some people are visual learners. We actually created a video that was inspired by your blog post. I was wondering would you mind embedding it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkSty6KnTHQ.

    Please let me know if this is helpful or not. Thanks for your time!

    Best wishes,

    Ulysis

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post! medical

    ReplyDelete
  21. You'll also get 5 comprehensive health reports for free when you join - giving you all the information you need to treat common ailments, lose weight, look younger and feel healthier. CBD for sleep

    ReplyDelete
  22. When eyes do not close meeting with the pillows, you have to do something to make it happen! Choosing soothing colours for your room, burning scented candles and playing soft music will nurse you to good sleep. CBD for sleep

    ReplyDelete