Saturday, January 16, 2016

I-129F Petition Application Process

My Fiancee Visa Road-map to become Mrs. Edmiston 


Our I-129F Petition Application Process 
    The US Citizen is the one to file the I-129F in the US


The ORDER of Documents as we assembled our I-129F Packet. 
(the red fonts are clickable and will take you to the website where you can find the form/ more info)
   

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Can use personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted. Fee $340.00. My fiance wrote a check. Make the check payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.  Always check the updated fee HERE (scroll down)


2. Form G-1145 e-notification of Application/ Petition Acceptance. You will get an email/ text when USCIS received your application. 

3. Cover Letter. Include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F) and 

    table of contents.  Sign and date the cover sheet. The USC will sign the cover later

    and dated. 


Our Cover Letter  format:  
  To:    United States Department of Homeland Security   
             U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services    
             Dallas Lockbox Facility      
       Attention: I – 129F   
          2501 South State Highway 121 Business   
          Suite 400   Lewisville, TX 75067 
       
Dear USCIS Officer,  

Enclosed please find my Form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiancée Visa for (name of foreign fiancé) and supporting documents. 
  Contents: 

  • Payment in the amount of $ 340.00
  • Form G-1145 e-notification of Application/ Petition Acceptance
  • Form I-129F
  • I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 34.a, explanation of meeting in person
  • Statement of intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary), original and signed
  • Proof of having met in person in the past two years
  • G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner), original and signed
  • G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary), original and signed
  • Birth Certificate (Petitioner), copy
  • Divorce Decree  (Petitioner), copy complete set
  • Annulment documents (Beneficiary), copy
  • Proof of ongoing relationship (emails, social media posts, FB Mesenger messages, skype logs, Viber messages/ calls) 

    Sincerely,     
  Petitioner Signature over Printed name / dated  


4.
Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e), Signed, wet signtaure . 
Read the Instructions. If your fiance/e have children (21 years old and below) that will move with her/him to the US or will follow within a year, include their names on the I-129F form. 
5.
Supplement to question '34.a' of the I-129F.  Signed, wet signature and dated. One page. 
6.
Statement of intent to marry. From both the US Citizen and foreign fiance/e certifying  that both are free to marry and previous marriages has been legally terminated; and  the intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US. Signed and dated, wet signatures.  
7.
Proof of having met in past two years. We attached evidence that I was in the US on the day that we met, plane ticket/boarding passes/ arrival stamp/ I-94, receipts from places I went to; plane ticket/ boarding passes/ arrival stamp when he visited me in the Philippines, photos on famous landmarks and sites and with labels and etc. I collage the photos, made notes on where and when it was taken and send to my fiance to print out. I lay-out everything on word file and he just need to follow the order of all documents.  Here are some sample photos we submitted: 




8.
G-325A Biographic Information. Filled out by the USC, signed, wet signature and dated.
9.
One 2x2 photo of the US Citizen, white background.Write the full name at the back, put in a clear plastic sleeve and attached on a paper after the G-325A with label. 
  Photo of  "Petitioner Name" .   
10.
G-325A Biographic Information. Filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed, wet signature and dated. 
11.
One 2x2 photo of the foreign fiance/e, white background.Write the full name at the back, put in a clear plastic sleeve and attached on a paper after the G-325A with label. 
  Photo of  "Beneficiary Name" . 
12.
Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or his Passport. Proof of Citizenship 
13.
Copy of final Divorce Decree and my annulment documents.  Send all complete documents, if you have been divorced more than ones, attached all divorced papers. Not disclosing previous marriages (even if it was ages ago or by death) will result to a denial of K1. 

We front-loaded our documents and attached proof of on-going relationship. These are not required but this will help in the initial review of your case. We are only dating for a few months when we got engaged so we attached these documents to show our continued commitment with each other. 
  • Proof of ongoing relationship (emails, social media posts, FB Mesenger messages, skype logs, Viber messages/ calls). I screen shot most of it and arranged them by dates on a word file. I included a lot actually, thus our packet was like more than 100 pages. 
Our I-129F Packet
When completed, send it to: 

   USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:
   
   For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
   USCIS
   P.O. Box 660151
   Dallas, TX 75266

   For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:
   USCIS
   Attn: I-129F
   2501 South State Highway 121 Business
  Suite 400
  Lewisville, TX 75067

All applications should be sent to this facility no matter where you are from.

Everything was sent to my fiance via email and he printed everything in color and arranged according to my draft. I sent via Express Mail all other documents that needs my Original Signature. 

We used USPS Express mail service and here is the timeline of our I-129F Packet: 
   8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS 
  11 August 2015 - due to SD satellite Postal Service, our packet was actually sent out 
  13 August 2015- NOA1  as per USCIS Case Status Check receipt notice sent (NOA-Notice of Action)
  17 August 2015 - I -797C  Notice date 
  18 August 2015 - Email Notice that our case has been accepted and en-route to CSC for processing (my
   Fiance if from Califonia). Depending on your loation, your application will be processed by a different
   Service Center and processing times may differ.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date) 
5 September 2015 - Received printed NOA2
   One down and off we got the next steps! 


IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
  1. All USCIS Forms should have wet signatures and dated. 
  2. Re-check the latest Forms on the designated website. They update the forms every now and then. Form have validity dates. 
  3. Re-check the updated fees 
  4. Make copies of the whole packet before sending them. Or save soft copies. 
  5. Don't send original copies when not asked, we did not send any original documentary attachments. All were copies and we did not received any RFE (Request for Evidence); RFE will further delay your approval.
  6. Check and double check your documents. A wrong form will result to a rejection of application. 
  7. A wrong fee will result to a rejection of application. 
  8. Create your packet for easy adjudication. I labeled our Packet based on the order of documents, I also made a footer on each page: Name of Petitioner and name of Beneficiary. Just in case a page was misplaced, it can easily be returned to the packet. 

Note: This is based on my own personal experience, other case may vary. In this case I also made most of the research, lay-out, drafts and we emailed back and forth on what docs we need to fill-out. 







Next step after the Approval: 
  1. After 30 days call NVC to get your case number.
       Telephone No: 603-334-0888
        They are open 7am to 12MN EST.
I called them after 4 weeks from NOA2, I was in the   US then visiting. Called them at around 9:30am EST and was on-hold for maybe 15 minutes. I got my MNL number on the first call. 

2. When you have your Case Number, you can now proceed to do DS 160 form, schedule your interview and do the Medical Examination.

3. When all is well with the Medical - last Step: The Interview at the US EMbassy.



Here are my series of Blogs on the next Steps: 


·         

34 comments:

  1. Hi po! Ask ko lang kung ano ano yung need for the affidavit of support? Kailangan pa po ba kunin ng fiancé ko yung last 3years ng tax return and w2? Maraming salamat po sa reply! God bless po!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You have the original signed I134 form already?
    You just need copies of the latest 2014 tax returns and W2s. If he have the 2015 already then bring it on your interview. You can also bring the following, Certificate of Employment, Pay stubs (3 months).

    In my case, I only have ITR, W2 and Certificate of Employment with my Form I-134.

    Good luck on the interview. Just relax and be confident. All questions being asked you already know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Day! Napansin ko lang po after we received our hard copy of NOA2 wala po syang nakalagay na Alien Registered number yung nababasa ko po kasi sa VISA Journey year 2015 meron po silang Alien Registered number. Paano po yun. Salamat po sa sagot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! are you under K1? YOu should have an A NUMBER ABOVE YOUR NAME.

      Beneficiary side, mine starts with A207 XXXXXXXXXXX

      Delete
  4. Hello girl, I find ur post very helpful on my case... I'm also annulled..

    I have a question, when u sent the I129F you didn't include the kids right? Just to make sure.. when did u inserted the K2 for the kids...


    Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am glad you find my blog helpful.

    Just write the kids name on the I 129F forn, that's it for now. No need to attach any supporting docs for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much.. I'll still be asking u questions later as I go along...

      Delete
  6. Dear Emj, sure I will be glad to answer your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so blown away!! How did you manage to get approved so quickly? Never seen one happen so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we just applied on the right time :) During the time we filed last Aug 2015 average is 2 weeks approval with CSC. Just make sure your docs are complete and easy to review.

      Delete
  9. hi, learned so much from reading your blog. same case here, my fiancee got a notice of my case number. may I please ask if you still wait for packet 3 to be delivered to before you scheduled your medical and interview? did you pay separate visa fee for K1 and K2? may I please ask how much for each? thanks and more power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not in a hurry so when we scheduled our medical and interview, I already have packet 3. You dont have to wait for packet 3.

      Follow the procedure on my blog or check this link:
      http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/Instructions%20Packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202016_.pdf

      Delete
  10. HI there,
    you're such a nice person to share all your experience and what you went through, very helpful and very very generous of you. I petitioned my fiancé who's in the philippines right now, my question is, will they require W2, proof of employment from me as the petitioner? I believe i read from your experience that you had a copy of those but they did not even looked at them ? Thank you in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are on the process of petition now, filed I-129F? You don't need to submit it yet nor they will asked for it. However for the interview in Manila for the K1 Visa, the W2 and 1040 are part of the required documents, here below is the actual statement as required by US Embassy Manila.

      EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or
      burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form may be useful to
      the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You may also be
      asked to submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements
      (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

      Delete
  11. HI I HAVE A PROBLEM IN SETTING MY APPOINTMENT FOR INTERVIEW. I CAME TO THIS "Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "sarciabastacia@yahoo.com ". If you created this profile in the past and forgot the password, please use “Forget your password?” function on the login screen. If this email isn't familiar to you, please contact our helpline through Provide Feedback option in the left menu or by sending the email to our helpline. Please don't forget to attach the scanned copy of your passport’s data page to your feedback message/email". AND I NEVER CREATED THIS EMAIL. PLS HELP ME WHAT TO DO. I ALREADY PAY THE VISA FEE AND WANTED TO GET THE INTERVIEW THIS MONTH.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If that is not your email address, follow the instructions given. Send an email to the helpline. Are you setting your interview at ustraveldocs website?
    Follow this guidelines:
    http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/325288/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_10%20October%202013_.pdf


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. US Embassy has not contacted her yet but I have already paid for the US Visa and will schedule the appointment soon. She just needs to get her med exam done.

      Delete
    2. don't wait for the letter frm US Embassy Manila, I received mine almost 2 mos after our Approval
      date. you can proceed with the medical with a screen shot of your CEAC status update that shows MNL number.

      Delete
    3. OKay, thank you for your reply! =)

      Delete
  13. I'm filing up my DS160 and I'm confused about "surnames" should it be my middle name and last name or just my last name plainly? Please help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your last name only.
      ex: Surnames: Santos
      First: Anna Marie Reyes

      Reyes is the middle name.

      Delete
  14. Hello!
    we are to fill out the AOS i just have a question, my fiance is with his parents although they are not under his beneficiary. do we still have to count them as part of the dependents? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. wait AOS and your fiance? you are nit married yet? you cannot file AOs if you are not yet married.

    Maybe you mean your husband.
    Is he supporting them? or member of his household? if they are not his legal beneficiaries on papers that is fine but if they are dependent on him, you should count them.
    if they are still working and have their own income, then you may not count them as long as you are not using their income as joint sponsor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,

    Your blog is very helpful. My question is, is visa refusal in other country will affect the petition? Just worried about that. Were planning to submit our papers for the petition soon. And we will be using your timeline. We havent know someone who does it, that we can guide us to it. Agencies are expensive. Thats why im so happy to found your blog. Helps us a lot. Thank you

    Regards, Sheela

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi sheelamae,
    no, it not will affect your petition unless you are from those countries. i will be glad to help you if you have more questions. i am very glad that my blog can help others going through the process. just message me if you have any questions. just follow the steps in my blog and you cannot go wrong. i did all my reasearch and we are now on AOS process, our interview is set next month. feel free to message me for anything. regards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi again.

    Ask ko lang po about sa medical? You said sa isa blog mo na you need to have a record of immunization? Kasi right now i dont have that. San at pano po ako makuha non? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Ok if wala kang vaccine records, SLEC during the medical will give you the vaccines that you need. Take the vaccines since those are included na sa binayaran mo sa medical, optional kasi sa K1 pero you should get it para hindi kna mag pa vaccine uli here during AOS process and pay more.

      Delete
    2. Ah okay sis. Nag file na yung bf ko ng petition, kaso wala notification na narecieve na nila yung packet documents. Friday pa nya napadala yung package eh. But we were still waiting pa naman. But what if withiin two weeks they havent send email na narecieve na nila. Better to call then na no?? What do you think?

      Delete
  19. Hello po. Very informative blog. Thank you Adventurera. I got alot of questions and hope you won't mind if i can ask for your e-mail so i can send my detailed questions. hehehe! I'am undergoing annulment and once this is over we will be filing for K1 too. For those who have been annulled please if you can e-mail me at kitkatsya at gmail or send me your email. Please, i really need to verify something on what last name to use after annulemet. Thank you so much. God bless us all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ms. Adventurera may tanong po sana ako. Annulled na po ako pero di pa po expired ang passport ko anong name po ang ilalagay ng boyfriend ko sa Beneficiary's Last Name? yung Ex married name ko po ba na nasa passport ko or yung Maiden name ko na at ang ex Married name ko sa other names used nalng po ilalagay. Sana may time po kayong masagot ang tanong ko. Thank you po.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are welcome and Thank you for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice article. Highly recommended. The thoughts are clear and well explained. Thank you for sharing your work, truly worth reading. On the other hand, if you’re interested in,K1 fiancee petition, feel free to visit our website. Thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was wondering if you acknowledge the
    K1 fiancee petition? Since I saw that this writings that I’m reading right now is somehow relates to this matter.

    ReplyDelete