Friday, January 15, 2016

I found LOVE in San Diego :)


With my Parents at Sta Monica Pier, Los Angeles, CA
When I went to the US to visit my parents I met a great guy. We really liked each other and as we go along to see each other everyday we became closer and inseparable. We grow to really like each other and fall in love. He was very upfront with his feeling and asked me to be his girlfriend right away, on our first date! (yeah that's how upfront he is). 



I don't know what to say since I was not expecting him to asked me that. Too soon for me and it was really cold that night.. hahahha 




I told him that I cannot answer him that I don't know what to say but promised him that I am not going back to the Philippines without clearing everything between us. That would be we either remain friends or we will be in a relationship. 


Yes I do like him, he is a good guy, stable and very honest. He basically laid out all his cards that night; but I am not sure of anything yet until I need to spend more time with him to know him better.  I  was in the states for 21 days and out of that 21 days we spent a good 15 days together. It may be just for dinner or hang out on his favorite bar with his friends but we see each other almost everyday.  He took me around the city to see the famous tourists sites, walk around downtown and sometimes just talk. I introduced him to my family and they all liked him too. Told you, he is a great guy. He spend Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve with us too. My whole family in San Diego all welcome him to the fold. 


He really showed me that he care and he love me. He told me he love yes, right away. I am over the moon but I cannot let my guard down, not just yet. 

We've been going out for 5 days then I went to Las Vegas with my family over Christmas. I was in Vegas for 2 days but it was like the longest 2 days of my life. We communicated all the time and he calls me a lot, send me messages and I would send him pictures. I dearly miss him when I was in Vegas and I can't wait to be back and hug him. uhh ohhh.. I realized I am in love with him while I was in Vegas.. How romantic is that?? So the distance really makes the heart grow fonder eh?? 


I can't wait to go back to San Diego and when I got back we became officially a couple. We are very happy and we told our family and friends. He always tells me how I make him happy and how lucky he is to have me. Well I can say the same. I am single mom for so long and having someone in my life is totally new to me but I am so excited being in love with him and sharing every moment with him. My kids were equally happy for us. All of friends were surprised but they are all happy for me as well. 

So I went to San Diego as Single and came back Taken :) 



On-board USS Midway at the Maritime Museum, San Diego, CA
I came back after 21 days and we have discussed a lot before I came home. He talked to my parents about our plans and we even discussed marriage. (yes we are that serious early on) It was difficult to leave but we both know I need to go back to the Philippines. My kids are here and I have a job here. I cannot just turn my back on all my responsibilities.  I left and he already have plans to visit me in the Philippines. So I soon as I left, he started processing his passport. 

It was very difficult being away from him. I have not imagined a long distance relationship will be this difficult. We talked at least 3 time a day but still it was different not being together. It was like half of me was torn apart from me. 


We plan for his trip to the Philippines and the 5 months flew, well not that fast - I said it was difficult being away from each other. Being away from each other is unbearable at time and he would just cheer me up and  make me laugh. 


He visited me here last month as he promised he was here for my birthday. 


It's my turn now to take him around and show him my hometown. He was here for 15 days and we are so happy being reunited. He met my kids, my family here and my friends. His visit is really important for us because he will be meeting my kids. I met his kids when I was in the states and it wasn't that bad. Although yes, I was worried that what if they will not like me. Likewise, he worries about meeting my kids. All is well, of course, he started with his gift/ pasalubong for the kids. 


Beyond me knowing, he was communicating with the kids before he arrived in the country. They have a secret. 


I took him island hopping in Zambales, camp on an island, went to Pagsanjan Falls, do spelunking in Cavinti, among others. He wanted to go to Corregidor and Mt Samat having known WWII during his army days; so I took him. His army unit served in the War and were in Corregidor and Bataan. 


It was a blissful 2 weeks for us. Well of course not when he started getting sick:( 


His stomach was upset for the last 5 days he was here, he had a fever 2 days before his departure, so I was so worried. I was even telling him that I will take him to the hospital. He can't eat that much and the fever is the worst. 


It was on his feverish night that everything changed. He was in bed with high fever and I am about to go out to buy some medicines. He asked me to get his backpack and walahhhh!!!! 

With my Babe, Camayan Beach Subic Bay, Philipines

He proposed!!! the first word I said - OMG.. are you sure? Are you not delirious or something? and he said - Silly Girl :) 

Of course I accepted his proposal, we always wanted to be together since the day we fell in love. We are so happy being engaged and looking forward for our life together with my kids in the states. 


We plan to get married next year in the states :) 


Next, we will be processing my fiancee Visa.. Just wanted to share the love and happiness everyone. 










No comments:

Post a Comment